JA of Southern Nevada Finance Park Virtual
JA Finance Park Virtual helps students build a foundation upon which they can make intelligent financial decisions that last a lifetime, including decisions related to income, expenses, savings, and credit. The program comprises several teacher-led, in-class lessons and a variety of optional, extension activities. Options are available to use either the entry-level or advanced curriculum, based on grade level and students’ prior knowledge. The experience culminates in a hands-on, online budgeting simulation that is supported by volunteers. The JA Finance Park Virtual simulation has been fully redeveloped, with a brand-new experience that offers two implementation options: Entry Level, geared toward middle school, and Advanced Level, geared toward high school.
JA FINANCE PARK VIRTUAL – ENTRY LEVEL
- Be introduced to the concept of “adulting,” laying the groundwork for their future.
- Create a monthly budget based on a randomly assigned life persona.
JA FINANCE PARK VIRTUAL – ADVANCED LEVEL
- Choose their own “adult adventure” by selecting their persona based on career and education choices.
- Deep dive into financial consequences of life choices and decisions impacting long-term goals.
- Navigate financial decisions through various life stages and budget beyond one month.
- Determine how career choice affects future finances and lifestyle.
- Summarize the purpose of taxes and how they affect finances over time.
- Analyze how saving impacts financial well-being and security.
- Evaluate the risks and benefits of investing.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different payment methods over time.
- Construct a budget to address long-term financial goals using hypothetical life situations.
- Clarify how debt affects financial success.
JA Finance Park Virtual School Sign Up
JA Finance Park (Entry Level)
For more information about the JA Finance Park (Entry Level) program, visit the JA Finance Park (Entry Level) program page.
JA Finance Park Virtual Video
Support JASN through Smile.Amazon
Support JASN through purchases made on Smile.Amazon!
Support A Cause
Please purchase JA products to show your support for JASN! We receive 50% of the proceeds on all sales.
Junior Achievement has 105 local JA Areas across the nation, and together we are the nation's largest organization dedicated to giving young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their futures, and make smart academic and economic choices. JA's programs—in the core content areas of work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy—ignite the spark in young people to experience and realize the opportunities and realities of work and life in the 21st century.
Volunteer at JA in a Day!
Opportunities available Dec 9, 2021 thru May 17, 2022
See event flier for schedule.
JA Inspire Virtual Career Fair February - May 2022
JA Inspire is a virtual career exploration fair that hosts beautiful booths custom designed to represent the industries and opportunities available to all students in Nevada. Students can engage with corporations and businesses while collecting items from each booth they visit to place in their virtual “swag bag’ or they can attend a number of live and recorded presentations in the Auditorium.
LUNCHBOXES & LEARNING - Swimming with The Big Fish Hybrid Luncheon 2022
Join us for a unique event designed to show guests how Junior Achievement is helping students dream big about what they want to be when they grow up.
Organizations Partnering With Us