Alec Ingold's Money Mini Camp
Featuring: JA Finance Park (Entry Level)
JA Finance Park is Junior Achievement’s capstone program for personal financial planning and career exploration. At the culmination of this teacher-led program, students visit JA Finance Park, a realistic on-site or virtual community, to put into practice what they've learned by developing and committing to a personal budget. (Grades 7-9)
Featuring: JA Finance Park (Homeschool)
JA Finance Park is Junior Achievement’s capstone program for personal financial planning and career exploration. At the culmination of this teacher-led program, students visit JA Finance Park, a realistic on-site or virtual community, to put into practice what they've learned by developing and committing to a personal budget. (Grades 7-12)
TACKLING FINANCIAL LITERACY
Money Mini Camp shares important financial life skills and ties career pathways within the NFL exposing students to ways they can be part of the team that makes game day happen. Students learn about the career options and education expectations for job opportunities that exist with The Las Vegas Raiders while hearing
first-hand from Las Vegas Raiders players on how to career plan and manage their finances. JA’s Finance Park experience showcases these careers through its JA Finance Park Virtual simulation where students become an adult for the day through the assignment of a Las Vegas Raiders job, income, marital status, credit score, and even kids of their own! Students are tasked with having a balanced budget at the end of the simulation that is built over 26 different financial decisions/bills.
What you need to know:
• Money Mini Camp is being offered to your student group or class completely free of charge.
• There are a total of 6 self-guided units that are covered with the JA Finance Park Virtual experiential learning experience. This is designed for 8th through 12th grades.
• Lessons can be teacher led or student self-guided. Materials are accessed over JA Learn Platform.
• A limited number of students/schools/student groups will be able to participate.
• Students invited to attend the Pre Game Google Meet with Alec Ingold & Friends. This will be the opportunity for students to hear pointers before playing the JA Finance Park simulation from Alec.
• All school’s/student groups will complete their JA Finance Park “Raiders Style” by end of the school year.
• Students and teachers agree to participate in post event survey.
• A lottery will be held for up to 100 students who participated in the Money Mini Camp for a Meet & Greet with Alec & Friends in June 2021. All students who complete the program verified by their teacher will be entered into the lottery to attend with one parent/guardian.
To learn more or register your class or school’s participation in Alec Ingold’s Money Mini Camp contact Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada Kelly DeGuzman – email@example.com 702-214-0502
JA Money Mini Camp PSA 2021
Las Vegas Raiders Fullback, Alec Ingold shares information on his Money Mini Camp and partnership with Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada.
Become a Sponsor!Sponsorships for these events are critical for Junior Achievement to continue providing life-changing programs to students in our community. These programs are delivered at no cost to students. You can make a difference in the lives of these students by participating in this world-class event! Contact us to get more information on how to sponsor a JA Event!
Select a button below to see how you or your organization can get involved with Junior Achievement of Southern Nevada.Donate Volunteer Request A Program